Friday, October 22, 2010

Week 6 Day 3 ..... No more walking

Well today was a doozy like last Friday with a straight run no walking and it was for 2.5 miles. I barely got through last Friday at 2 miles and was very concerned. I got started and was pretty much what I was expecting and I just put my head down and pushed forward. After lap 5 of 10 I was pretty spent in my back but I had 5 to go. It was actually overwhelming the way I felt knowing I was only half way. I just kept saying "I am not quitting I am not quitting." There were times I was actually so fatigued in my muscles, my legs tried to stop running and I had to kind of jolt myself to continue. I know people out there that run or could run this distance don't understand why its so hard, but you gotta remember I am almost 70 pounds overweight. So you out there that think this distance is not hard put 70 pounds in a back pack and take off and let me know how that goes. LOL. I made it though but this was the start of no more walking in the program. All 3 days next week are the same as today and then just continue to get longer. I honestly thought today there is no way I can go through what I did today 3 times next week. Then I told myself that when the time comes I will be ready I cannot think about that during what I am feeling right now. I have learned that you cannot make decisions based on feelings. This whole process has been changing me more then just physically. It has changed me mentally and emotionally.

 Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment