Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Rainy Run





Today was my day to run. I knew it was supposed to be rainy but boy oh boy was it rainy. Barely making it to 40 degrees to boot and the wind blowing a little.  I was thinking, "Really? Did I publicly profess on my blog I would run in this?" Actually there was a part of me that was looking forward to the running in the rain until it got closer to time .. lol ... but all day it was just a monsoon outside and I was determined to wait until it let up at some point.  I was running out of time and thankfully it turned into a drizzle.  I went to change into my running clothes and I heard it just let go.  Oh well too late to turn back now.  By the time I went outside it had let up again. I was so glad.  I wore my rain jacket anyway.  During the first few minutes it did start drizzling again but not bad at all.  The worst part was the puddles everywhere but it ended up being entertaining to dodge them.  However it was inevitable to be 100% successful some of them were deceiving. :(  ... yep you guessed I ended up with wet feet at about .65 miles into the run.  I have been there done that in the past, so not too big a deal, just went on.  Today though was a tough run overall. My energy levels were low probably because I am carb cycling and it was a low carb day. My existing back issues flared up a little and my whole back was on fire after mile 2 and an existing bone bruise under my knee was hurting pretty bad as well.  I did make it to mile 3 before stopping.  I was determined to finish, after all it was much harder then this the first time and persevered.  Overall I was glad I did it. I have never ever regretted a run. Glad its over though and ready for some clear warmer days.  Wow, building my running base back up is harder then I thought. 

Be blessed and remember if you don't feel like working out ... do it anyway! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment