Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 2 Day 2 and 3

Wednesday I decided to go to a local track to run instead of out on our country road where we live. I thought maybe it would be easier cause there would be no hills. Well started the first interval of running and I felt good and thought I was liking the track betters, but then I started having intense muscle pain in the group of muscles on the front of my lower legs around my shins. It was a like a tightening almost like a cramp but it burned badly. Making me want to stop the run but knew the interval was only going to be 30 more seconds so I stuck it out. Well this continued every time I ran the 90 second intervals. Not sure what was going on but was discouraged.

Friday (Today) I did my week 2 day 3 run and it was identical to Wednesday but was concerned I was going to be in the same pain I was in Wednesday. I had researched the pain I was having and found out some possibilities but what I read was not good it could mean me not being able to stick with the program I am following.  Well today I wore looser shoes just to see if it was a circulation issue because I read that somewhere in the past couple days. Well it seemed to help, but not sure if it is the shoes or terrain because I ran at home instead of the track today. Going to a running store tomorrow to check out some actual running shoes. Hopefully I will gain insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment