Monday, September 27, 2010

Week 3 Day 1 complete.

Week 3 Day 1 of running complete. The program pushed me a little today, but I did it. I could have made several excuses to not go today. I was running late, I had an old injury that was hurting, and it was raining. However I have committed this to myself and God and I was determined I am not going to make excuses. I pushed through and ask for God's favor to stop the rain. Well I got to the track and the rain picked up. I thought God that's not what I asked for. I felt that I was supposed to continue my effort and do the part I could and that was walking out there on the track anyway. I did. I started in the rain and a few minutes later it stopped. I am so glad I went but there were definitely moments I was thinking " wow this really stinks, its raining, my foot is already hurting and I don't know if I can do this new longer running interval." I began the first longer run interval and it was ok at first. My new shoes felt great as far as comfort and they have reduced the impact on my joints, but I am still having the intense shin muscle pain. I did get insight on that at the running store though and think I am going to be able to overcome it. I have a great little product called "The Stick" coming in the mail that works out the knots in your muscles and increases the elasticity of the connecting tissues and i cant wait to see how that helps. Also as I lose weight I am sure that would have to lessen on top of the fact the muscle will have to be getting used to the routine. Overall Week 3 Day 1 felt great inside and out.



"Thanks God I know I would not be doing this without you help and favor."

No comments:

Post a Comment