Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So as I stated before momentum is hard to get back. Since my running had been non-existent for a month or 2 I thought I needed to start back a little slow and run 5 or so minutes and walk and run again and within a week or two I would be back on track . Well that was not the case. The 5 minute intervals were just not a good goal. I was ready to stop at 5 minutes for sure but soon found out out of pure laziness. So started fooling myself that this was going to be harder then I thought. Well after a couple weeks of weak running/walking intervals I realized that is not pushing me back into running like I thought. It was too easy to just keep doing that and when I tried to increase my run intervals when it got a little tough it was easy to make excuses. So this week on Monday I said to myself I think I forgot what pushing through a wall and pushing my body really feels like. I had learned so well during the couch to 5k program that it was tough sometimes to meet the goal and I had to just break through walls sometimes. So Monday I ran 20 minutes on the treadmill to remind meof what it felt like to really push myself again. It was tough but I did it.

I have really hated running on the treadmill during this winter but today I was like 32 degrees will just have to be warm enough because I was determined to hit the streets again. So today I ran in downtown Forest City and the plan was to run 20 minutes again, but when I neared that 2 mile point I had to keep going. So pushed a little harder and completed 2 miles today. Only 2 1/2 weeks til I run my next 5k and I feel really behind in my training but I think I can do it.

Shout out to Amanda King who re-inspired me to get my rear in gear. :)

You can view my run here:
Endomondo Running Workout: "was out running 2.05 miles in 25m:03s using Endomondo."

No comments:

Post a Comment