Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Time to RUN Again!!!

Wow, what a hectic year 2013 has been.  I do not even know where to begin with this entry, but I want to re-connect with you all and talk about running.  Running seems so simple for some but seems so complex to me.  So as you may know at the end of 2012 I was injured and had to stop for about 4 months.  I then ran a 5k in March with only a couple of runs under my belt.  I pushed so hard I actually made running not fun.  I soon got into mountain biking, which I am in love with, but miss my running as well.  So last week I decided to run.  I had some hesitations though I must say.  They say you do not lose your cardio base until after 90 days.  Hoewever, that was not my biggest concern.  My biggest concern was getting all of my joints and ligaments and tendons back in the groove of running. My mind was made up though and I just laced up the old shoes and went out the door.   I ran a very light pace and just enjoyed the fresh air.  About a mile in I was feeling absolutely amazing. I could not believe the cool refreshing day and was a little bummed I had been missing out on that feeling all this time.  That was until I reached 2 miles.  My hips started aching and my back as well.  Those are 2 very weak places for me.  They seem to fatigue first.  Yep, my biggest concern was a reality.  I did finish the 3 miles however and as always I never regret a run.

Along with the physical, there is another obstacle that seems to be getting in my way.  Pride!  Comparing myself to others is something I constantly have to work on.  Now that I have lost so much ground I feel like I am starting over.  I know I am not completely starting over because I can still complete 3 miles of running, but my pace has changed a great deal.  I am experiencing hip discomfort at about mile 2 as I have said and this was a huge obstacle that I had to overcome the first time.  I know the process to do it though and thats over half the battle.

When running a lot I like to be working toward something.  So why not just dive right in.  I have decided to train for another Half Marathon.  I have a dear friend that will be running it as well.  He has an absolutely amazing story about how he began to run.  You can get an idea of his journey from this video interview he did with a website called Running On Juice.  You can also find out more about him at his juicing facebook page ....  


 I hope to be posting frequently about my half marathon training as it will be difficult in only 10 weeks.  If I had been running regularly it would be less difficult, but from kind of a brand new start to a half in 10 weeks is going to be kind of tough.

Talk to you very soon friends.

Believe. Trust. Change




No comments:

Post a Comment