Friday, November 12, 2010

I am so proud of myself. In the past I would not want to say I am proud because I never want to come across arrogant or conceded but with this I don't care how I sound. I know how hard I worked and how hard I pushed when no one but me and God knew what was going on. I ran in the rain when I was running a fever and in the freezing cold. I never missed a run out of 27 workouts. I never stopped to walk during run sessions. I never tried to shortcut. 

I have already ran one 5k two weeks before finishing and will be running another 2 weeks after finishing. How about that I will have gone from a couch potato to having finished two 5k runs after 11 weeks. The fun part is I get to try and beat my time from last time which will have been 4 weeks prior to running the second one. 

Anyone out there reading this who may think they could not do this, you can. I will tell you this. You have to put your mind to it. You have to make the decision at the very beginning before you start that there is nothing that will prevent you from doing this. I told so many people that I was going to this before I started that I would have felt pathetic to not given it my all at least 1 or 2 weeks. The accountability really helped. Once I finished the first week there was no going back. 9 weeks later I have lost 14 pounds and a lot of inches. 

I started this at 240 pounds and finishing it at 226. No one can tell me that they can't do this. I mean 226 pounds is still very heavy and I can run 3 1/2 miles without stopping ... well actually today I ran 4 just to see if i could on my last day. I was so excited. 4 miles has always been what I looked so forward to seeing when I log my runs. I have achieved so much more than I could have dreamed. 

Come on lace up those shoes and lets run for our life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment