Thursday, November 4, 2010

Week 8 Day 2

Hello everyone. Good day to you all. Today was my second day of week 8. I have been wanting to change up my workouts on days I am not running and I have wanted to add some strength training to my run days as well.. I thought I should probably get my membership to the gym back especially now I have shown my faithfulness to fitness. So yesterday when I heard about the rain for today I decided I am so done with running in the rain so I called up my local fitness center and signed back up. (probably the 5th time in 3 or 4 years... LOL) So this morning my run was on the treadmill. I ran another 5k distance (3.1 miles). Some people say outside is harder because you don't have the belt pulling your feet back and its all you but I felt like the treadmill challenged me because once I defined the speed there is not the option of slowing down without manually changing the speed which keeps you accountable for slacking off as well as annoying. Overall today felt pretty good. The gym for me gives a refreshing experience because it lets me forget I live in such a small depressed county for an hour. I know that sounds crazy but it is so true. I am very impressed with some new changes there as well. If you are local to Rutherford County you should go check out Lifestyles Wellness and Spa. I appreciate their focus on excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment