Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Trot 5k Run

I was so excited to run another 5k yesterday. I was excited to try and better my time from the first one I ran almost a month ago and also the fact that I would feel invigorated and a lot better about all the food I was going to eat.  ( LOL)! Well those were the emotions I was feeling leading up to yesterday. However once in the midst of the run I had quite a few different thoughts.

They were as follows: 

1. Holy Moly its starting to rain and its cold
2. Oh NO I made a fatal mistake trying to start this fast and I am already tired. 
3. Dang it there is a hill.
4. Dang it I am having to really huff it to get up this hill.
5. What?! Another hill .... 
6. Oh my goodness I am crazy for trying this after no training for 2 weeks because of an injury. 
7. WOW I am getting passed by alot of old people ...
8. Dang it another hill. 

Well when it was all over I have to say that, I was glad it was all over. (LOL)  I have to say my fear of hills is gone as I was faced head on with the toughest run I have had to date. Glad I finished again with no walking. 

Looking forward to losing more weight and getting faster. 

Be blessed everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment