Thursday, November 18, 2010

Injuries are no fun

Well this past Saturday was the end of my original program. I had to take a day off running due to a temporary injury. It feels a lot better and so today I was going to start a new program but decided to still take it a little easy. So I only ran 20 minutes. It felt incredibly good though to run and get my cardio up but not be so exhausted at the end. I decided that maybe I have been pushing to hard so I am going to work on speed not distance. With more speed you cannot help but go longer distances but I have been learning that its best to gain mileage from building speed not just pushing yourself to just gain distance. I am running that Turkey trot next week so I am hoping I build some speed and push for a much better time then the last 5k I ran. 

We will see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment