Monday, October 4, 2010

Started Week 4

Ok, week 4 underway. The first run intervals are the length of my longest ones last week and then the second interval is longer than that. I just knew it was going to be tough. Well to top it off it was cold this morning. I got out on the track and the wind was blowing and it was almost hurting my face. I thought to myself, "how am I going to breathe this cold air." Well the first running interval started and about half way through there were some positive things and some not so positive things that were going through my mind. I was thinking, "well my knee and achilles are not hurting that's a huge plus." I had been drinking plenty of Monavie again I got my "THE STICK" massager which helped me target the lower calf muscles where it was pulling on my achilles. So that was a big positive. The not so positive thoughts were "my calves are burning half way through this first run interval and I still have half to go and then the next interval is longer then this." I also thought, "this is finally the week I will have to stop in the middle of a run interval to walk part of it." Well the time of the first interval was up and I was so glad. I was walking and thought I wonder how long I get to walk before starting the longer run. I looked at the application on my phone that times the workout and there was 30 seconds left. I thought "you got to be kidding me." It dings and off I go on the longest run interval to date and its cold outside. Well folks I pushed and pushed and pushed and when that interval was up I had walked a total of 0 seconds of it. WOO HOO!!! I did what I just was sure I couldn't. Wow what a relief and boy how beat down my legs and lower back felt. Then I realized I had another shorter and longer interval to go. I was thinking "I did this first set thinking I could not and my body is worn down, there is no way I can do this again." Well I just thought about Bob Harper and Jillian from the "The Biggest Loser" and they say "you tell your body when to quit, it will do more then you think it can." So I made that decision to tell my body what to do. I did it, I finished the next two intervals with no stopping in the middle. I am really beginning to feel like I am in control of my life again instead of feeling like I cant change the direction. I was feeling like I was stuck in a downward spiral and now I feel like I am actually controlling the outcome. 

Click Here to Prevent Injury

No comments:

Post a Comment