Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Week 5 Day 2 ... Officially half way through the Couch to 5K

So I have been dreading today thinking about the 8 minute runs. Monday was  (Run 5 min / Walk 3 min) 3 times. I knew it would be tough but knew I could do it. However the 8 minute runs have scared me for a few weeks. If there is one thing I have figured out  in these 5 weeks now is how to put mind over matter. So Monday I began charting out how many laps around the track these 8 minute runs would be based on how I have been running so far. So today when I got out there and started running I continually focused on that instead of just waiting for the phone to ding.  Well first let me say that today as far as my body goes I felt th best I have felt since day one I think. So that combined with the mind over matter and the goal of running 3 laps instead of just watching seconds tick by  really helped. I finished the first 8 minute run which I had so badly dreaded and when it dinged for me to stop I was actually bummed because I felt like I could keep going. (COULDNT BELIEVE IT!!!)  So I walked the 5 minutes and the phone dinged for the second 8 minute run and I almost got to 3 laps and it dinged and it was over as well but I wanted to push myself since I felt good and ran for an additional 5 1/2 minutes. Can you believe it I added on 5 1/2 minutes? I completed a whole mile without walking at all. I am so excited. I even sprinted the last 25 yards at the end. (WHAT, SPRINTED AT THE END???  I KNOW I KNOW !!!) LOL.... Friday is a 2 mile run with no stopping and Sunday when I read that I laughed and thought there is no way, but after today I am excited. It will be hard but I think I can do it. Will tell you all about it Friday.

2 comments:

  1. How totally amazing!!!! I smiling from ear to ear. This was my favorite day to read of course:). I am SO glad you were feeling good and wish I could have been there with you to share these special moments. You deserve this victory!!! God always pours out His blessings on your life and this was one of them for sure. I prayed for you, as usual, on the way to work this morning that your run would be enjoyable and love seeing how blessed it was! YOU'RE ONE STRONG MAN!!!! I THANK GOD FOR YOU AND YOUR RUN. Love, Your wife :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweetheart for those kind and thoughtful words and for the prayers. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete