Monday, October 11, 2010

Week 5 Day 1

Well the dreaded Week 5 Day 1 has happened upon me. Well there was some good news before it all began.  I thought that today I had much longer runs to complete however yesterday I looked at the program and they were equivalent to my long runs last week. So when I saw that the 3 runs today  were the same as my long runs last week I thought to myself " I can do that, that is not to bad." Then I read to see what Wednesday was going to be like and there before me lay the longer runs I so have been dreading. I then read on to Friday and just began laughing. It said by Friday I am running 20 minutes straight and a distance of 2 miles. I was dreading 8 minute runs and in 5 days I have to do a 20 minute run. Well I said to myself lets take it a day at a time. So today I felt ok going out there on the track. I had a little headache but I knew that was not going to stop me. I started the first run and boy those first 20 seconds always feel so good. (LOL) Then it it just disappears and I am like how can I make it. I thought here we go again with this defeating feeling at the beginning. At least I know now that as I warm up it is not as bad so I just dug in and continued. Then on my last run I felt like I was in a groove. I had some back pain but was in a groove enough I could ignore it and keep going. My phone dinged signaling the end of that last run but I pushed another half a lap to just see if I could because these runs are longer Wednesday. It was not so bad and I  felt like I could have pushed the rest of that lap if I needed to and Wednesday I will. Instead of dreading Wednesday I am viewing it as a challenge. I will be right back here then to tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment