Monday, October 25, 2010

Week 7 Day 1

Ok so Friday it was horribly hard to run 2.5 miles straight. I think the program is little fast at this point. It should have had you run 2.0 for a week first. It just throws you into 2.5 miles and this week all three days are 2.5 miles. Today I wanted to change up the scenery some because that track is so boring. So I ran up Broadway Street and onto Oak Street. The scenery did make a huge a difference but one thing I was not prepared for were the hills. Running 2.5 miles Friday on flat ground was tough enough and then adding hills was torture. I was so ready to quit today and at about 1.8 I was done physically but mentally I pushed. I made it to 2.5 but it honestly made me not want to ever run again. I really think the 5k Saturday will not be a good thing. I would probably end up waling after 2.5 or so or torturing myself to push through but I just do not want to burn myself out and start resenting running all together.  As far as next week going up to 2.75 we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment