Friday, October 15, 2010

Week 5 Day 3 COMPLETE !!!!!!

Ok so you know this was gonna be a doozy week and today itself was going to be a beast. Well as scared as I was to go out there today and run 2 miles or 20 min, says the program, I mustered up the energy. I am not sure the program was saying run 2 miles or 20 minutes meaning you should be able to do the 2 miles in 20 minutes or if it just meant run at least 20 minutes. Well I knew that 2 miles was 8 laps so that was what I focused on not the time. Unfortunately and after all this perseverance I am sad to say I did not get the 2 miles ran today. :(

Well not in 20 minutes anyways. LOL it took me 26 minutes but yeah baby Phil just ran 2 miles straight. I feel like I am on top of the world. Now that did not come without some pretty achy back after lap 5 but I pushed through 3 more laps. I honestly at some points felt like my back was just going to say "sorry buddy cant support ya anymore", but I kept saying to myself  "body I say when to quit" and i just kept pushing. So overall I feel great. Thanks for all the support everyone. I will continue my journey. In just 3 weeks I will be running 3 miles on day 3. Then the 9th week its 3 miles all three days. I cannot even imagine the feeling I am going to have when I have become a real runner in 9 weeks. WOW thats a dramatic change if you ask me. From a 240lb guy who rarely exercised on a consistent basis to running 3 miles 3 times a week in just a little over 2 months. Pretty crazy.

I have only lost 7 pounds so far but I have lost a lot of inches. Cannot wait to see what happens after 4 more weeks. Be blessed everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment