Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Week 6 Day 2 Complete actually completely soaked!!

Well today I had 2 obstacles. The first was I am not driving my car right now because I hit a deer Sunday. So how exactly do I get to the track to run? That was problem #1. Problem #2 was its pouring rain. Hmmm what to do? So I decided I would suck it up and run in the rain an hope it tapers off. Then I found out that I could drive a friends truck from work to the track. Well I got to work early because I rode with my wife in to town. So I thought problem #1 was solved. Once I got here I realized the truck was in the warehouse and really did not feel like going through the trouble of getting it out. So I decided to run down Oak Street where I work. However, still raining, so I said to myself "it will taper off just do your part and get out there like you did the other day and remember once you got out there it stopped raining."  Today not the same story. I get about 1/2 mile from the office and it starts pouring harder. I now have rain just pouring off my head into my face. My jacket kind of repels water a little but not a down pour. So my jacket is beginning to become soaked. My shoes are getting damper and I can start to feel it in my socks. Then what do you know I looked up for traffic while crossing a road and ran right through a huge puddle. Now both feet were soaked and I was only halfway through my run. I knew this experience could only make me stronger so I continued. One thing I did not realize was the large hills I was running down I had to run up on the way back. That added so much more muscle fatigue, which sucks oxygen, to a distance I was already barely making on flat ground. I was determined to not let it beat me and finished my 2 miles this morning soaking wet up hills. Hey I felt good though after knowing I did it. I did like the scenery better not having that monotonous track that you go around and around. So maybe Friday I will find somewhere else that does not have so many hills. Overall very proud of myself.

I WAS SOAKED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment